In response to an escalating trade war with the United States Unifor, Canada’s largest private sector union, launched I Shop Canada to provide a platform to share information on products that support manufacturing and associated spin off employment.
I Shop Canada is about making a choice at the cash register to use our collective purchasing power to aid workers in our communities and across the country.
By choosing to Shop Canada you:
- Invest in good paying jobs
- Stimulate the Canadian economy by encouraging growth
- Increase tax base from workers and corporations to fund social services, such as healthcare and education
- Create employment for future generations
- Purchase high quality products
- Ensure items are manufactured under labour, safety and environmental regulations
- Reduce environmental footprint by buying locally
Share your I Shop Canada buy!
Get your shopping list going! Take a picture of your favourite made-in-Canada purchase or if you work in the manufacturing of a product take a selfie with your colleagues to share on social media using the #IShopCanada hashtag.
Want to tell your friends about the campaign? Visit the IShopCanada Facebook page to add a frame to your profile picture to let your friends and family know that you support workers in Canada. On Twitter make sure to tag in @IShopCA and @UnifortheUnion so your posts can be easily shared. You can also email your pics to the communications department at IShopCanada@unifor.org
Vacationing in Canada this summer or enjoying local activities in your neighbourhood? You can also share those experiences using the #IPlayCanada hashtag.
To view the images and participate, visit the I Shop Canada Facebook page.